Journeyman Field Service Technician
Full Time (and overtime as required)
Reports To: Service Manager
Description of Position
We are seeking an Journeyman Field Service Technician responsible for providing outstanding customer service to O’Dell customers—on site. This includes commercial laundries, hospitals, hotels, motels, sports clubs, government agencies, universities, schools, and coin laundries. The Journeyman Technician performs on-site installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all manufacturers’ commercial and industrial laundry equipment.
– Must have experience troubleshooting/repairing/installing and providing routine maintenance of customer laundry equipment.
– Formal training in electrical/electronic troubleshooting, hydraulics, plumbing, welding, and related tasks is desired.
– Must possess a driver’s license with an insurable driving record (O’Dell’s insurance carrier provides coverage).
– Ability to safely operate a company vehicle and drive for a period of at least eight (8) hours per day.
– Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with O’Dell customers and O’Dell associates.
– Have the capacity to lift, push and/or move a minimum of 50 lbs
– Physical ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, twist, bend, and/or climb during a work day including performing overtime work as required.
– Understand all basic safety tasks required including safe operation of hand/power tools and other equipment to complete all duties.
– Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with O’Dell policy and all government mandated safety programs including OSHA or other municipal safety regulations.
– Attend any safety training programs required by any government agencies, and private training offered by the equipment manufacturers and mandated by O’Dell’s insurance company
– Daily and some overnight travel will be required.
– Maintain inventory of company parts on company provided vehicle (O’Dell pays all travel expenses).
– Provide own tools. Any large or specialty tools provided by O’Dell.
– Company Van – Vehicle will be for business use only but taken home each day.
– 100% of vehicle expenses are paid by O’Dell.
– Cell Phone provided and 100% paid by O’Dell
– Uniforms provided and 100% paid by O’Dell
– Relocation assistance may be available
The list of essential requirements, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this position. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the department. The omission of essential requirements does not preclude management from assigning duties not included if such requirements are a reasonable assignment to the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.